Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

help with a rear sight

Old 01-24-2016, 07:23 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default help with a rear sight

ok i have a t/c big boar " yes correct spelling" and i have to use it for our state shoot coming up soon but i have an adjustable peep on it and that's a no no so does anybody know if i can get a fixed rear sight like a full buckhorn to fit the pre drilled holes on the barrel ? thanks !!
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 07:35 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

well i think i found out what sight fits it if i can only find one ? it's a t/c #9070 anybody know where i can find one i just checked out a couple places so far no go !
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 07:37 PM
  #3  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Lots of TC stuff here. You'll have over 20 pages to sift through.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Black-Powder-/73979/i.html
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 01-24-2016, 07:55 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter View Post
Lots of TC stuff here. You'll have over 20 pages to sift through.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Black-Powder-/73979/i.html
i looked on e-bay but i'll look on that link you sent thanks !
muzzlestuffer is offline  
Old 01-25-2016, 06:09 AM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
 
Blackpowdersmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Penns Woods
Posts: 1,628
Default

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
i looked on e-bay but i'll look on that link you sent thanks !
I can't remember... did the Big Boar have a round or octagon barrel?

BPS
Blackpowdersmoke is offline  
Old 01-25-2016, 06:10 AM
  #6  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke View Post
I can't remember... did the Big Boar have a round or octagon barrel?

BPS

It's a Renegade with a .58 bore.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 01-25-2016, 12:59 PM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
 
Blackpowdersmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Penns Woods
Posts: 1,628
Default

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter View Post
It's a Renegade with a .58 bore.
Muley,

Yea... I should've known that. For some reason I was thinking it was a round barreled rifle like the New Englander. Too bad the rear sights aren't dovetailed, MarbleArms has some awesome looking sights.

BPS
Blackpowdersmoke is offline  
Old 01-25-2016, 01:06 PM
  #8  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Yeah, I never liked that about TC's. We're forced to use their sights. Unless you want to cut a dovetail.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 01-25-2016, 01:08 PM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
Blackpowdersmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Penns Woods
Posts: 1,628
Default

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer View Post
ok i have a t/c big boar " yes correct spelling" and i have to use it for our state shoot coming up soon but i have an adjustable peep on it and that's a no no so does anybody know if i can get a fixed rear sight like a full buckhorn to fit the pre drilled holes on the barrel ? thanks !!
muzzlestuffer...

Try RMC

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Open the link and click on V-Peep sights in the left hand column.

Their V-peep rear sight may work for you if you can't find a T/C original. They're not actually a peep and they will fit the existing screw holes on a Renegade. I have a friend who has one mounted on his .54 Renny and he likes it.

BPS
Blackpowdersmoke is offline  
Old 01-25-2016, 05:05 PM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gilbert az
Posts: 1,168
Default

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke View Post
muzzlestuffer...

Try RMC

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Open the link and click on V-Peep sights in the left hand column.

Their V-peep rear sight may work for you if you can't find a T/C original. They're not actually a peep and they will fit the existing screw holes on a Renegade. I have a friend who has one mounted on his .54 Renny and he likes it.

BPS
ok i'll check it out thanks as long as it's non adjustable and not a peep i'm good to go! thanks
muzzlestuffer is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.