Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Finally.... and long overdue!!

Old 01-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000 View Post
CI I understand what our saying but please note that any reference to the Borecleaningweasel is purely good natured. Those of us that have been on this forum for a long time know that this ID is purely fictitious by one of our fellow members in an attempt to "lighten the mood" when threads would start to get heated. I would never comment to have any member stifled from adding input to a forum. Will any other members who remember "the weasel" please chime in before I get banned for just trying to get a little laugh to start this forum off.
I just searched and said fictitious member had not posted since 2011.
Bronko and I have PMed back and forth and all is good. I too wasn't aware of the history behind that weasel and thought it was flaming against a member. Just like all of you, we mods want this new forum to succeed. It always takes 2 to fight but only 1 to start it so I was just doing the best I could under the circumstances. Carry on...I'll be out of your hair all day while ice fishing.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Bronko and I have PMed back and forth and all is good. I too wasn't aware of the history behind that weasel and thought it was flaming against a member. Just like all of you, we mods want this new forum to succeed. It always takes 2 to fight but only 1 to start it so I was just doing the best I could under the circumstances. Carry on...I'll be out of your hair all day while ice fishing.
Glad to hear that and good luck on the ice CI...

BPS
Old 01-16-2016, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went ice fishing a couple times but I could never find the right bait to use to catch ice. I figured that you use small fish to catch bigger fish so I would put small pieces of ice on my hook and every time I would bring my line in it would be gone. When I did use grubs or jigs I usually ended up catching mostly perch with an occasional walleye or bass.

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-16-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I remember the borecleaningweasel and his antics, some funny stuff back then...

I for one don't like having 2 different forums for Black Powder, makes absolutely no sense at all to me, don't know the reason for it except to waste my time checking on both of them...

Why has this come about??? Anyone really know???
Old 01-20-2016, 06:56 PM
Spike

Old 01-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

WEASEL!!! I never ever expected to see your beady little carnivorous eyes on HNI again. You're not fooling anyone with that row of smiley faces. You're up to no good, as all of us old hands well know. WATCH YOUR STEP. What happened last time can be made to happen again.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL.................It's alive! Like beetlejuice. You say his name 3X and he shows up.

I'm sure glad this thread is about exhausted.