Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 What Tournaments Are You Attending? >

What Tournaments Are You Attending?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What Tournaments Are You Attending?

Old 05-05-2005, 08:03 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default What Tournaments Are You Attending?

I plan on being at Elberton (Southeastern Championships) in a little over a week, Cloverdale in June, and hopefully the Howard Hill, Jerry Peirce Memorial, and AL State Championship. What do ya'll have planned?

Chad
Old 05-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Tournaments Are You Attending?

I'll be snooping around the vendors and generally harassing old friends at Texas State Longbow Championships, but I won't be shooting.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:01 AM

this house move is kicking my butt - I doubt I'll go to any this year, even my local club shoots

but with 5 acres now, and its all trees, maybe I'll get to shoot squirrels and small game, stump shoot a lot and improve that way. Plus, I got all kinds of deer coming through my property, I just gotta find out how to make them come out in the daylight hours
Old 05-06-2005, 08:23 AM

Well, I'm going to the Lofton Classic this weekend........

I hope to make a few in Learned....

Other than that, just stump shooting and backyard target work......
Old 05-07-2005, 12:35 PM

The NAA Traditional Nationals (2 days of York Round, American Round, and Clout with the longbow) and then the NAA Outdoor Target Nationals (4 days for a double FITA with the Olympic Recurve) all in one week in Colorado Springs.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Spike

I did the Lofton Classic this weekend and had the pleasure of shooting with Rick Welch. I didn't know him from Adam. I knew the guy was shooting good, so I asked him jokingly if he was some kinda World Champion or something. He laughed and said, yeah, 33 time ASA(?) Champ, and he makes instuctional videos, and bows. Anyway, I hope to make it to the Jerry Pierce shoot(BTW, I also had the pleasure of shooting a Pierce "Choctaw" at Learned, MS a few weeks ago. I didn't want to put it down. Awesome bow, and for those that have never seen one, Mr. Pierce used "finger jointing" in the design of the riser. I also want to go to the Howard Hill in June at Tannehill. I really enjoyed the shoot there last month.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:28 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Cool--I didn't know Rick was still going to the Lofton. He is a dang good shot, and I like his video (Volume II). I don't agree with everything in it, but Rick presents it with a "this is what works for me" attitude, not "if you don't do it like I do, you are wrong". I think his bow prices are off the wall, but that's just my opinion.

Those are called "Pierce Points", and they are beautiful. Dick Robertson offers it on his bows. Jerry's son, Lenny, has described in detail how it's done--he said it's not that hard (it went over my head though). If you make it to Enid, you will have a chance to meet Lenny--real nice guy.

I hope I can make it to the Hill shoot--I plan on being at the state shoot at least. Look me up.

Chad
Old 05-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: LBR

Cool--I didn't know Rick was still going to the Lofton. He is a dang good shot, and I like his video (Volume II). I don't agree with everything in it, but Rick presents it with a "this is what works for me" attitude, not "if you don't do it like I do, you are wrong". I think his bow prices are off the wall, but that's just my opinion.

Those are called "Pierce Points", and they are beautiful. Dick Robertson offers it on his bows. Jerry's son, Lenny, has described in detail how it's done--he said it's not that hard (it went over my head though). If you make it to Enid, you will have a chance to meet Lenny--real nice guy.

I hope I can make it to the Hill shoot--I plan on being at the state shoot at least. Look me up.

Chad

Yeah it was Lenny's bow that I shot. Lenny lives about 15 miles from here.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 AM

Well, I should have stayed home this weekend.......... Well that's what my wife told me when I came home with a new bow

Went to the Lofton........ Shot 100 arrows or more, but never saw the 3D range I spent 4-5 hrs just trying out bows........ It was a blast....... Shooting bows that were from $200 - 850........... BTW, there IS a difference between a $200 bow and an $800 bow....... Now I know....... Had a blast........bought a new quiver and came home with a all wood laminated long bow....... Bamboo back and front, with purple heart riser.... Sweet shooter.....

I love it.......
Old 05-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you had a great time. Got any pictures of the new bow?

Quick Reply: What Tournaments Are You Attending?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.