Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Montana or Mountaineer? >

Montana or Mountaineer?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Montana or Mountaineer?

Old 03-24-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Montana or Mountaineer?

Okay, I'm considering either the Bear Montana or the Martin Mountaineer as my first longbow. I'm open to other bows, too, but I like the price range of the Bear and Martin. Can anyone give me info and opinions on these (or other) bows? Thanks for any help you can give me, folks.

By the way, I like the slightly reflexed limbs on the two bows I mentioned, so if you folks recommend other bows, please keep this preference in mind.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:28 AM

Default RE: Montana or Mountaineer?

I shot the bear at cabela's nice bow. I would try as many as I can, I have a old shrew custom bow and it fits me great. goto a archery club and see if there is anyone that has a long bow that would let you shot it or try a archery shop. Might even look online for a traditional shoot in your area and goto it.. you can find lots of nice bows and some might even be better and cheaper.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:00 PM

Default RE: Montana or Mountaineer?

Thanks, Mystic. I'll check the nearest shop, though the last time I went to one (about ten years ago) looking for a longbow, the owner gave me a condescending "Oh, so you're one of THOSE guys, huh?" Maybe I'll be able to find a friendlier shop.