Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Jerry Hill Sr. or Jr.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Jerry Hill Sr. or Jr.

I Have a Jerry Hill longbow that is 69” long with the narrow riser and is 63lb pull and is signed, Jerry Hill in gold, with the words Deer Stalker Deluxe on the other limb. Was this made during Sr.’s days or when Jr. started making them? I’ve met Jr. at a show in Mobile Al. and wasn’t impressed!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Jerry Hill Sr. or Jr.

I think you are referring to Howard Hill, who was Jerry's great-uncle. The Howard Hill Longbow Company is still in operation--I believe Craig Ekin (sp?) is the owner/bowyer. Hill and Hill style bows aren't my favorite design, but I'd take a Howard Hill over a Jerry Hill any day. That's just my opinion though--your results may vary.

Chad
Old 03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Jerry Hill Sr. or Jr.

First longbow I ever shot was a Jerry Hill. Fella at a shoot said "here, try this one". I shot it twice, politely said nice bow and went and had my fillings checked. Not the bow for me.

RC