Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 The itch has been scratched - >

The itch has been scratched -

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The itch has been scratched -

Old 02-25-2005, 07:08 PM

Default The itch has been scratched -

Well finally decided the itch needed scratching - Just ordered a PLV T/D 62" - 60#@28 - After alot of thought and reading all the great reviews on the new widow I figured I should at least give it a try and see what all this widow worrship was about - I know I could have bought 2 crusaders for what this thing cost - but I won't know until I try - Anyone here shooting a widow longbow?
Thanks Pics to come (7 weeks)

Mike
Old 02-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The itch has been scratched -

From what I've seen that PL longbow is really something special, & the boo cores of the Ironwood model should be even better! Congrats on your decision (from a long time BW shooter) cdi3d, I'm betting you're gonna be very happy w/this'n.

Be sure & post some pictures when you get that jewel!
Old 02-26-2005, 02:46 PM

I dont think you will be dissapointed. BW makes a great bow. I havent gotten to try one but i have shot the SA's alot and they are outstanding bows. I have been getting the itch for sometime to buy a long bow and im looking at the PLII. Let us know how it shoot for ya.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:13 PM

cdi3d be careful. I've been reading where BW has had some trouble with the boo they've been getting and the limbs have been splitting. Might be because the Ironwood lams tend to be very oily and the glue just don't stick well too. The TD system is pretty good - don't woory too much about the gaps when you lock it in, the bow I had Ken Beck said thats just the way they were regardless of how it looks. I chrono'd the PL bows a few months back - not nearly as fast as I'd expecte ............ oh c'mon man, I'm just kidding ! fine, fine bows
Old 02-26-2005, 04:41 PM

Really looking forward to it - The reason I went with the PLV was becasue of the bamboo - figured it would add alittle extra - What weight were you chrono'n and what arrows were you shooting out of it - Also what type of speeds were you seeing? I looked long and hard at the three rivers SS Diamond - I already have the Desert Fox and it shoots really nice - But in the end widow won the toss - Good article on the Three rivers stick in traditional bowhunter this month - But I knew if I ordered it I would have wanted the widow in the end - Thanks for the comments- Will post some pics when I get it -

Mike
Old 03-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you made the right choice & I bet you'll be very happy w/your new bow!