Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Kid's Arrows

Old 01-01-2002, 06:42 PM

Default Kid's Arrows

I'm going to be instructing some boy/girl scouts for my club's youth program, but I need to restock on arrows. We have a mixed collection of old recurves, most in the 25# or less category at 24-26" draw with a couple up to 30#. I don't have any experience in selecting arrows for such light weight bows and don't trust the Easton Charts. I'm leaning toward aluminum arrows as opposed to wood because of their greater durability and am thinking of something in the neighborhood of 28" 1616. Does anyone have any experience with this that could help me?

Jack
Old 01-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kid's Arrows

kids arras from 3 rivers for 10 bucks for 6 arras are probably your best bet in the money catagory. I will try and get with the local JOAD program and see what they recommend. Maybe you can get a arrow maker/builder to sponser you?
Old 01-01-2002, 10:49 PM

Floxter, I use the small vein wood arrows available at walmart and other such stores for my 20# recurve that I teach on. I also recently picked up some fiberglass arrows at Cabela's that are slightly higher grain then the wood. I am actually going to be in cabela's tomorrow so I will find them name and some more info for you.
What club are you a part of? I am in the Brighton area and just now geting involved in traditional archery.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:46 AM

One Eye, thanks for the help. I belong to Detroit Archers: http://home.netcom.com/~jtmaurer/dahome.htm

Jack