Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Buying my first bow by mail... >

Buying my first bow by mail...

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Buying my first bow by mail...

Old 01-24-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Buying my first bow by mail...

OK, I have read enough to know how much I don't know.

I have decided to buy a recurve of low draw weight (25-30 lbs) to learn to shoot and the plan is to move up to a hunting bow (maybe) before next season.

Since I cannot find much help locally...(all the shops are compound focused)...I am thinking can I buy through the mail? If I order a bow I assume the shop will also sell me a bow, a string, a stringer, a tab, a target, and arrows...

How necessary will it be to tune my arrows...will a good shop be able to sell me arrows that are adequate for shooting at targets without tuning?

Must I worry about brace height or will following the mfg recommendations be good enough?

I was hoping to keep this simple and fun but the more I learn the more complex it becomes.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:56 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buying my first bow by mail...

You can buy through the mail, and there are suppliers that can furnish you with everything you need. The vendor can get close with the arrows, maybe get right on the money, but everyone is a little different and you may need to do some fine-tuning to get everything just right. The same goes for the brace height--you can settle for the recommended setting, or you can tinker a bit and get it fine-tuned for you.

My favorite is Joe Stark at Lone Wolf. If you need contact info., shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

Chad