Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Catquiver ?????

Old 10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Spike

Default Catquiver ?????

Hello, this my 1st post and I have a question. Is the Catquiver worth the $$$$. I bought a couple of older recurves without quiver inserts, and I need a hunting quiver. I have bow hunted for about 25+ years and have never even shot a recurve. I started shooting the recurves, and now I'm hooked. The Catquiver looks good, but, is it hard to get an arrow out of ??

PC
Old 11-01-2004, 08:41 AM

Default RE: Catquiver ?????

I started hunting with a longbow this year and even when I shot wheels hated a bow mounted quiver. I have been using a Catquiver II this year and love it. Getting an arrow out even while still hunting is a breeze, getting it back in is what takes some practice. Nice thing is that your fletching stays dry and proctected and for me I don't have to wear a fanny pack now because of the pouch on the Cat II.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Catquiver ?????

I tried one, but it wasn't for me. I'm just built wrong for it--I'm broad and, well....fat. I could get the arrows in and out just fine, it was just very uncomfortable for me to wear, regardless of how much I adjusted it. Have to be careful sitting down. I wish it would have worked for me--I'm still looking for the "perfect" quiver. If you like a bow quiver, both Great Northern and German Ridge make models that require no inserts and are easy-on, easy-off.

Chad