Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I need help???

Old 10-20-2004, 10:00 AM

Default I need help???

Hello I need some help. I am looking to get into traditional shooting and am looking for a good recurve that I could hunt elk with. If anyone has any recomendations or you have one laying around that you could part with let me know. My draw is 28 and I am currentley shooting a 72 pound compound if that helps.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:01 AM

Default RE: I need help???

I ordered my daughter a Chek-Mate Hunter I, cost for the bow and shipping is 355.00, and it will takedown, and do whatever you ask of it. She has a couple more months to wait. I am shooting a Crudaser Longbow, and it is a great shoot also. check our www.recurves.com
Old 10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

I second the Chek-Mate recommendation and the suggested dealer is great to do business with. Makes an awesome string too.

We have a Chek-mate Hunter II takedown recurve and a Crusader takedown longbow. Both are exceptional shooters in my opinion.

You may want to limit yourself in poundage of pull with your first bow. There's a world of difference in shooting a compound and a recurve or longbow and getting your shooting form down is going to be your priority when you first get started and limiting your draw weight will help you to do that.

No matter what make of bow you decide on, I'd recommend a takedown. You can start with a 45-50# bow at your draw length and when you are ready to move up in weight, you don't need to buy another bow, only another set of limbs. Or, you can get yourself an inexpensive used recurve that's 45# or so at your draw and get started with that and then move up to a new bow.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:59 PM

Have to say, ChekMate is the way to go...great quality, great price..
Calabash