Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

TBG State Shoot

Old 03-22-2004, 01:43 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default TBG State Shoot

Got back from the Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia State Championship early this morning. Man that was an EXCELLENT shoot! Super location, super course, fine folks running the show, very friendly folks competeing as well. Made me think of Twin Oaks--and anyone that has been there knows that is a mighty hard act to follow. This was my first time to make it, but if at all possible I will be going back--well worth the trip.

Chad
Old 03-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TBG State Shoot

Chad,

I would have loved to have made that shoot. TBG and SCBA were supposed to coordinate their state shoots so they were at different times. Unfortunately, that didn't happen so I was at the SC shoot. Maybe next year!!

I shot a 216 which would have put me in the middle of the pack had I turned in my score cards. The B course really ate my lunch or I would have finished even a bit higher.

Bill
Old 03-23-2004, 04:14 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Bummer Bill--wish you could have made it! The date for the TBG shoot is already set for a week earlier next year, and at the same place.

I think I shot a 230-something out of a possible 300 (+10 for the bonus). I didn't look at my scorecard the second day, so I'm not 100% sure what I got. Whatever it was, by some twist of fate it gave me first place in men's longbow--think they just felt sorry for me (I'm still in an air cast for the ankle). Man it sure felt good to be out on the range! All I've been able to shoot for the last 6 weeks were 12-14 yd shots in the basement--enough to drive you nuts!

Any chance you will be at Twin Oaks, the ASTB shoots, Cloverdale, the JPM, or?????

Chad
Old 03-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad,

I'll be going to Elberton for the Southeastern Championships and to Winterhaven in WV in July. They will be my two big shoots for the year. Outside of that, I will be staying within the state of SC.

Bill