Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Shooting carp...

Old 02-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting carp...

Anybody into bowfishing with their recurve/longbow?

I like to go in the shallows with a canoe with my recurve. I keep the shots close and in water less than 2' deep. That way I don't need a string on my arrow.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shooting carp...

Heck yea Proline, I love it! But I never tried it out of a canoe, I tried standing up in one of those once & well, nevermind...but I had a lil "runabout" till a couple years ago & got into a bunch of fish every Spring. I haven't got as much shootin in since I sold it, but stalkin em from the bank is great fun too! I always wanted a big old 'gator'gar, shot (missed more) nuthin but small ones so far...if anyone hasn't tried this they're missing out on "boatloads" of fun!!
Old 02-09-2002, 04:14 AM

One of the greatest highs that I have gotten shooting traditional equipment.
It is great seeing that arrow slice through the water when it is sticking out of a 20 lb. carp.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:32 PM

Almost as good as buck hunting. I live for the spring spawn when they have their backs out of the water. They are in the "Rut" then!

Gar
Old 02-10-2002, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Haven't done it in a while; just don't like the mess. Bowfishing is what got me into traditional archery. I was shooting an Oneida Eagle compound, rigged up an old recurve for bowfishing and found out how much more fun the recurve was to shoot and switched.

Romans 8:28
Old 02-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

What do y'all do w/the "trashfish" after ya get em in? I used to give em away, but donno anybody that'd take em now. Seems like a waste to just leave em laying on the bank...
Old 02-10-2002, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've get the biggest pumpkins in town, if that tells you anything...LOL
Old 02-10-2002, 11:01 AM

Planting them works excellent on the veggies.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 17 foot Cedar Maine Guide cannoe that is perfect for standing up in and drifting over unsuspecting fish. My 18 foot Lund Alaskan with an electric motor works better because I can quietly follow the carp in the shallows as you can see him before he sees you. I'm starting to get the itch to go fishing again.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:31 AM

Chessbum, I am going to have to meet you some time. I just opened an office for the company I work for in Washington I didnt realize where it was until now. I live in Hartland about an hour down M59 from you.
As far as planting them goes do you all cut them up into pieces or place them in the ground a an entire fish. How deep do you put them?

Quick Reply: Shooting carp...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.