Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My New Old Bow

Old 12-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default My New Old Bow

Just recieved a (mid-eighties era) Bighorn TD. Been wanting one awhile, & finally got a deal on this'n. It's 57# @ 30" & surprised me w/its cast & power. Definitely a keeper!!

Old 12-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My New Old Bow

Very nice gear.OLd but new pleasure in the wood and on the range.
Taureau noir
Old 12-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real nice,Vic!!I just got rid of a KOM-era Bighorn T/D that was a little on the heavy side for me to shoot with any kind of consistancy.I always liked the way the Asbell bows looked and heard they shoot real good.Have fun with it.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:53 PM

Good lookin bow Vic. Even got an endless string on it,my heart is going pitter patter This one gonna be a new number one?
Old 12-15-2003, 11:50 PM

Yes, very sweet bow! I sold a one-piece from that era last winter.
Uncanny how the two look so similar... bet it's quite the tack driver, huh?

Definitely '85 or '86 models. G. Fred used both of these bows in his book "Instinctive Shooting" copyright '86. He even had one with him in '93 when I met him in Pekin, IL.

Old 12-16-2003, 07:52 AM
COB

Vic I had a Big Horn years agao and loved the way it shot until the riser spilt. Even though BH had had problem with that riser they would not stand behind it as it was a second owner.

What happened to that piece of C%#P morrison you were shooting? Did you get arrows to fly yet?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Troy, nope it ain't gonna replace Ole #1. Been there/tried that too many times & (after the 'honeymoon') I always went back so I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact. How are you liking your BW? When is the new one due in? WARNING: Careful how much you play w/those bows dude or one day you may look up & realize that nothing else will do.

Cobster, I finally got arrows flying ok. Seems most Morrison bows need a very high nock point & I just had a tuff time swallowing that I guess. At any rate I'll prolly be selling it after the holidays to help finish financing a matching set of Adcock ACS's. I'm hoping Karen & I will be shooting them at KK next spring, they're only approx 6 months overdue right now....[:@]
Old 12-16-2003, 09:55 PM

LOL Vic I like trading to much to ever be completely satisfied but so far I am glad I ordered the widow.They are gonna be almost a matched set Well around the end of january anyways Got one more longbow to trade for another curve just no serious takers yet. Bet you can guess what ones I will have at KK. Have fun on the Honeymoon with the bighorn
Old 12-16-2003, 10:16 PM

That is a perty recurve ! Nice one !