Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Quiver preference

Old 12-11-2003, 05:23 PM

Default RE: Quiver preference

I have used about every type of quiver out there. This year I am using a Simmons tube style back quiver. I like it much better then the Catquiver I have used in the past.............Tom
Old 12-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jack Bowers Chief side quiver.

Bill
Old 12-11-2003, 09:01 PM

i use the old kwikee, they make a 3 arrow model thats really nice. get ya a sims limb saver and stick it o the back of the hood, no vibs. plus i have a extra bracket mounted on my stand. when i get in the stand i just take it off the bow, and snap it on the stand. takecare billy
Old 12-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

I practice without anything on the bow and like I always hear at work, "practice the way fight". So I'm hesitant about attaching to my bow for hunting besides string silencers.

Those of you who use side quivers like the Chief . . . . do you find it gets in the way when stalking or is it easy to shift over to your back when needed??
Old 12-12-2003, 07:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I haven't tried every brand, but I have tried most every style quiver available except the Simmons, and plan on trying it next. I have yet to find the "perfect" quiver--they all have drawbacks. Bow quivers make my longbow feel awkward (but might not be too bad on a heavier td recurve), side quivers (regular type) hang up on stuff, back quivers usually make too much noise and hang when you try to go under limbs/fences/etc, both a back quiver and Cat Quiver are in the way when you try to sit down and lean back, the Cat Quivers are VERY uncomfortable for me (way too narrow for my build), Lakota and similar styles will dump your arrows if you aren't carefull.......the Simmons quiver seems to have all of these problems under control. If Tom likes it, it's bound to be a good one--that guy is more picky than a cat.

Chad
Old 12-13-2003, 06:20 AM

Were can I take a look at a Simmons tube quiver?
Old 12-13-2003, 08:09 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

http://www.cyberbuilder.net/Merchant...e=On-The-Trail is the entire url , SimmonsSharks.com should get you to the storefront page.

Chad
Old 12-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

I took a look at the website last night. Liked it enough that I had to add it to my wish list. Maybe Santa (my wife) will be good to me and leave it under the tree.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:39 AM

Traditional Bowhunter for Dec/Jan 2003 has an artical that you might like to read on the subject of quivers. The artical is called "Alternative Quivers" by Fred Asbell.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:06 AM

I am going to get one of them Simmons quivers to hunt with. I have been using a hip quiver for years. But that Simmons looks like the ticket.

Quick Reply: Quiver preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.