Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Kalamazoo Expo

Old 01-19-2015, 06:47 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Kalamazoo Expo

I leave in 10 days for the frozen North again...anyone else from here going? Last year was tough, between gas prices and awful weather. Both of those look to be a lot better this year.

Chad
Old 01-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 1/2 hour nw of Kazoo. We're in the 30s this week, but it's to get colder next week with a couple nights near or below zero. Regular 87 AKI Gas is $1.85 today around here.
Question for ya LBR---Is the expo at the Fairgrounds? The reason I ask is that I just emailed Mike Mitten and he's going to be there in the Sitka Booth and I want to go over for a visit. He rode with me up to Manitoba a few years ago and we flew in for a bear hunt ne of Winnipeg up there. Also, where will you be and I'll look you up early Friday afternoon when I plan to go over to see Mike.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-19-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:13 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

It is at the K-zoo fairgrounds. Not sure which aisle we will be on, but I'll be at the BCY booth--just look for a table loaded with bowstring material, serving, etc. I'm pretty easy to spot.

Hoping for better weather than last year...wound up missing my flight at O'Hare, had to spend the night and it was crazy cold!

We'll be there for the duration--get there Thursday for set-up, don't leave until Monday morning.

Chad
Old 01-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Chad! I'll look you up, as I'm now planning on Friday evening since Mike emailed back and said it starts at 5PM. The backup plan is for Saturday AM if the weather sucks. Right now we've had a pretty good spell of weather up here after the first half of the month sucked, but it's definitely not what you're used to down there, so pack a pair or two of your longjohns!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:37 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Can't be much worse than Indy last week...6 below one evening, and I'd left my jacket at the venue! Wound up having to walk a few blocks in short sleeves to find a taxi that night (went to the Pacers/Celtics game)...I'm normally hot-natured, but that was COLD!

Hopefully the snow won't be piled into mountains in the parking lots...
Old 01-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Snow is pretty minimal and not much of anything in the forecast for the next week or so until you're here and gone!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:57 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Excellent! I can handle cold...snow, not so much. I even stink as a passenger because it makes me a nervous wreck in a vehicle.

As long as we can get out of Chicago/O'Hare Monday morning after the show, I'm good!