Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

deer co cane..

Old 09-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Spike

Default deer co cane..

anybody use it? and if so do tell the results....
Old 09-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default RE: deer co cane..

We tried it a couple of years ago. We didnt see anything happen with it. Once in a while a deer would come up and smell it, but that was it. Kinda a waste of money from our experience. I know other people say it worked well for them. Maybe different soils have better results?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

my step father used some back in minnesota. He showed me the trench that was dug out. At that point they had used it for slightly over a year. You could have almost buried yourself in the hole. He has only see does and fawns coming into it but has seen bucks in the very near vicinity (which I am sure where their anyways). I am not a big fan of food plots, guess growing up in farm country with a huge farmer as my neighbor, feeding/suppliments wasnt an issue. But from what I saw, this worked and worked very well.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:52 PM

Didn' t get much attention here in CT. A little bit of digging that' s it.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:02 PM

in La it works. i think it works better in southern climates were the soil is moist, air is humid, and hot as all get out.
but, if you look on the package, its made here also.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:30 AM

Deer cocaine is nothing more than soda ash.You can buy it at pool supply places.It will work about as well as any mineral lick.

CB
Old 09-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I started using it sporadically last season with mixed results. After using it again this season in a variety of places I have come to the conclusion that it is really dependent on the type of soil that you apply it in as well as the actual physical location of the site in relation to trails, topography, etc....

Recently I posted some Deer cam pics over on the bowhunting forum. Those pics were of two bucks frequenting a site where I had placed some of the deer cocane back in July. You can see by some of the pics that the hole is already 6-8 inches deep and about two feet across.

...on the other hand there are two other locations where the deer did not touch it.