Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
building a bow rack need advice. >

building a bow rack need advice.

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

building a bow rack need advice.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Spike

Default building a bow rack need advice.

Hello I'm going to buid a bow rack for my new predator hunter takedown. I want to hang it horizontal on the wall like you would a gun.Do I hang it belly down with the pegs on the riser?I was thinking of using three pegs, one on the grip and the other two before the limb bolts toward the grip.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Spike

Great question. Are you using a pattern or is it self created? Are you going to try to hang more then one bow on it?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Up or down won't matter, as long as the weight of the bow is resting on the ends of the riser. I'd go with two pegs--won't have to be as precise that way, and you can probably turn it either way (belly up or down).

Chad
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just glued a couple 1/2" dowel pegs about 4" long into the T+G pine wall panels just far enough apart so unstrung the recurve would rest centered within the limbs fadeouts.I usually leave the bows strung.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I hang my bows, unstrung, vertically on an accordion peg type coat rack. I nock the string on the bottom limb and hang the bow by the string on the top limb. Just put the peg between the unnocked string and upper limb.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Spike

This is kind of a general suggestion, but google things like bow rack and switch to images, then paw through the results for ideas.

I bought some garage hooks and today I'm building arrow holders out of ABS pipe and something for the bows inside and out.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

THis is one of my racks...$5 yard sale mirror & shaker pegs from the craft store