Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
thinking of getting into traditional need advise >

thinking of getting into traditional need advise

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

thinking of getting into traditional need advise

Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Spike

Default thinking of getting into traditional need advise

I am thinking of getting into traditional archery and am looking for any advise i can get...I have been looking at two entry level recurves the martin jaguar and the samic sage, but am looking more into the sage due to all the poor reviews on the jaguar...I have always hunted with a compound and have no intentions of not using a compound any more just wanting to add more of a challenge and another weapon to the arsenal lol...Also wondering if trying to shoot a compound and a recurve at the same time will affect my ability to shoot good with the compound...Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

There should be no detrimental effects if you want to shoot both a compound and recurve at the same time. It's still comes down to form and your anchor with both bows.

Like shooting a rifle and a shotgun.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I have no experience with the Jaguar, but have also seen lots of poor reviews. I have had my hands on several Sage recurves, and I think they are a great buy.

Several folks shoot both--you just have to keep in mind they are two different weapons. Some things are the same, some aren't--like shooting a shotgun and a rifle.

Chad
Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Spike

I have shot some samicks in the past they are a very good bow for the price.