Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Old 08-14-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Just wondering what everyone uses. I' ve shot both. I' m currently shooting a Kantpinch tab faced with calf hair. I' m considering going back to a glove, they just seem alot more conveinient.

Tyler
Old 08-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Right now I' m shooting a Damascus. It used to seem a little thin, but now that I' m shooting better it doesn' t seem to bother me much. The first few shots really hurt still, but I think that' s my fingers (way old injury) opposed to the glove being thin.

Brandan
Old 08-14-2003, 08:08 PM

I picked up a Supertab from Alaska Bowhunting Supply while at DentonHill. I love it. Was shooting a calf hair tab. I really like how thin the Supertab is. My release has improved, getting smoother and more consistent
Old 08-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Im using a super glove. After about 2000 shots, its just now starting to get broke in. I like it so far.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:33 PM

Kip,

That supertab also is good for cleaning that magical mud from a longbow
Old 08-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have my tab phases and my glove phases. Just now exiting a tab phase and going back into a glove. Seems like these phases are seasonal, tabs during the heat of the summer and gloves during the good huntin' weather, fall thru spring.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:09 PM

I shoot with the Damascus style glove.

I' ve tried tabs with indifferent results. They are a little handier if you have to use your drawing hand for something requiring fine dexterity because they' re easier to remove or rotate out of the way. The glove seems easier to shoot with because one doesn' t need to worry about positioning it over the fingers.

The non-Damascus style gloves are pretty worthless I think. The finger stalls keep twisting on me.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Tab here. I can' t feel the corner of my mouth with a glove. With the tab, my middle fingertip is exposed so I can feel my mouth with it.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a tab. Tried a glove (superglove) and just didn' t like it. Course, I' ve been shooting tab since the beginning, so I doubt I' ll ever switch. Besides, I can slip a tab over a glove on cool mornings in the fall and winter. Don' t think that I' d be able to do that using a shooting glove.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:44 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Tab.

Quick Reply: Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.