Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Old 09-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Have yet to find that perfect combination. Liked the Big Shot glove for awhile but it is just too thick in the stalls. Don' t care too much for the Damascus style. Presently using a Neet glove with calfhair finger stalls.

Just received a Bateman single thickness cordovan glove this evening via UPS. Shot a bit in the back yard and the arrows were almost missing the target way to the left at 10 yards. I tried three fingers and two fingers and it didn' t seem to matter. I was really hoping this glove would be it.

Don' t care for tabs very much. Haven' t found one yet that doesn' t expose my ring finger to a whole lot more punishment than I care for it to receive.

Bill
Old 09-14-2003, 04:15 AM

I am using a kant pinch hair tab and have tired the glove but just do not seem to feel the ancor as well with the glove.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Tab. Bateman cordovan.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a traditional super glove. Seems to work very well for me.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:49 PM

I perfer a tab.(calfhair)
PSE makes a good one. I picked up three calfhair tabs made by the nothamerican archery group( they were cheap) it has a finger spacer which I like and they are thicker than the kantpinch tabs. which I find give me a smoother release with the string rolling off a flatter surface than with a thinner tab rolling in the groves of my fingers. I have' nt tried a glove since I first started. The thingsI did not like about the glove I had was it developed string grooves in the fingers after a while affecting acurracy. and a tab is easier to flip around to the backside of my hand when I need to use my fingers. I also refer a monofilament or halo serving they don' nt pull the hair out of my tabs.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Hello
I prefer a tab as well. A glove seems to make my fingers feel fat and clumsy.
I use a wilson three fingers under tab currently.
Dan
Old 09-18-2003, 06:40 AM

I' m a glove man !
Old 09-18-2003, 01:16 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Gloves for me--I started shooting wheels with a tab, don' t remember exactly when I swapped to a glove. I bought two or three different tabs a while back, and they all just feel weird now. I like my Superglove, but I would not buy one via mail order--the sizes don' t mean much, as I have tried on some " large" that were as big or bigger than an " extra large" , etc. I get mine from a vendor at a shoot, where I can try them on. I like my new American Leathers " Big Shot Slick Shot" ,l but not sure yet if I like it well enough to pay $30+ for another one.

Chad
Old 09-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was finally able to get my new single thickness cordovan glove from E.W. Bateman to shoot well today with the heavier poundage recurve. I' m getting a great and crisp release with it and it protects my sore ring finger much better than any other style glove or any tab I' ve tried.

Bill
Old 09-21-2003, 01:38 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Bill, if your ring finger is getting sore, most likely you are doing what I did (and still catch myself doing at times)--torquing the string . You may be pulling with a lot more pressure than you need to with the ring finger, which can cause problems. It took me a little time, and concentration, but I have pretty much got it whipped (still gets me now and then, but not much).

Chad

Quick Reply: Gloves Vs. Tabs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.