Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable. Saturday, Oct. 1st, is opening day of archery season here. The forcast is clear, highs in the low 70's, lows in the mid 40's......I can't remember an opener with temps this cool--it's usually 80's at least.

But.....I won't be here!!!

My buddy who lives about 3 hours away in TN needs some help working on his house this weekend.....so guess where I'll be? I can hunt through the week, and the temps are supposed to stay pretty low for the lows (but in the 80's for highs), but I was so looking forward to this....

Oh well. He'd do it for me. At least that's what I keep telling myself..........
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I won't be bowhunting Saturday either. My wife's uncle died Tuesday and the funeral and burial is this Saturday in Gatesville, Texas. From our home, this is a 3 1/2 hour drive for us. I'm hoping to be in the woods sometime next week during the work week.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear NW. My plans got changed again--took my dad in for a doc appointment today (he's been trying to get over pneumonia) and his heart rate was was fast. Doc ordered an EKG, reading was irregular so off to the hospital. Long story short, he has a lung infection, fluid on his lungs, possible congestive heart failure, retaining a lot of fluid, and heart rate hasn't stabilized. Had to cancel the trip to TN to stay with him--hopefully they will have him straightened out by early next week.

Good news is there's a new string-making video coming out soon........

Chad
Old 10-01-2011, 06:51 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Well, opening day seems to have been a wash around here--nobody I talked to had any luck--swirling winds were a problem.

Dad is doing much better and should be able to come home Monday or Tuesday, then I can go hunting!

Chad
Old 10-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Beatufiful day here in Texas. This morning got down to 49 degrees. I'm loving it. As least with our Texas drought since October of 2010, I don't have to worry about being "rained out".

I'm hoping to be in the woods this upcoming Tuesday morning.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

well hunted saturday morning and sunday morning. Unfortunately all I saw was squirrels and birds. I may try some this week.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Chad, hope your dad gets to go home today. Those hospitals can wear you down in a hurry.

Sure was good talking to you.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

My pleasure Bruce! We got home around 6 p.m.--might get to hunt in the a.m. A neighbow kid killed a whopper yesterday on his grandma's place--tall, wide 8 point with decent mass in full velvet--anyone would be tickled with him! I've never even seen one that big when hunting, and he said there was another one bigger than that one! He shot that one with a compound device, but he has a longbow and was a decent shot with it before he got lazy and quit shooting. Maybe he'll get the big one with it.

Chad
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Well, archery season opened here in August but Oct 01 saw the Mrs and I headed east to hunt mountain goats and elk. Didn't score on either - weather beat us after a few days of looking for goats and elk had to be atleast 6 point on one side. Wife hunts with a muzzle loader so I usually pack my 'curve... but I managed to rip up my drawing shoulder the day before we left and couldn't even draw until the last couple of days before we came home. Oh well, good company and scenery like this made it worth-while. Next year. Waiting on November whitetails...

RC
Old 10-17-2011, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Wow! Those are some awesome photos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.