Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Fletching Tool

Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default Fletching Tool

I am looking into fletching my own arrows and have been looking at the Arizone EZ Fletch tool. Just curious if anyone has ever used it and how has it performed?

I would like to fletch short 2 1/2'' vanes for my compound and 5'' feathers for my recurve. I am thinking this tool would be best for my setup.

Your thoughts....
Old 09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

I fletch my arrows with a right helical Jo-Jan MultiFletcher. It can fletch 6 arrows in 90 minutes time since I use glue instead of fletch tape. I use this fletcher since I shoot 2212 aluminum arrows and these arrows are 22/64" in diameter.

http://www.jojan.net/products_multi_fletcher.php
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I tried the EZ-Fletch years ago. Long story short, I trashed it. Have also owned a Multi-Fletcher, multiple Bitzenburgers, and a BPE Pro.

For the last several years I use a single Bitz and fletch tape.

Chad
Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Spike

They work as long as three fletch is all you want. Be sure to get the right one because there are several different ones, depending on whether you're using carbon or aluminum/wood shafts, left, right or straight fletching, and feathers or vanes (the arms for vanes are, sometimes, a pain to use with feathers and vice versa). They do sell extra arms, so you can save a little over getting two fletchers. It also fits, easily, in your bow case or tackle box if you travel to hunt.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have six Bitzenberger jigs set up on a turn table. I bought 2 of them new, the rest I picked up over the years. One of them is over 40 years old.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR
I tried the EZ-Fletch years ago. Long story short, I trashed it. Have also owned a Multi-Fletcher, multiple Bitzenburgers, and a BPE Pro.

For the last several years I use a single Bitz and fletch tape.

Chad
X2 , bought an EZ fletch , tried it and then sold it . For the record , you will not beat the Bitzenberger period . Spend the $$$$ and get the best if you can afford it
Old 09-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bitz!Best there is.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Spike

I use a jojan mono. Does all i ask of it
Old 10-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Fork Horn

Gotta go with the bitz, I got an older one off ebay and it has served me very well. I use onestringer vinyl arrow wraps and goat tuff or loktite super glue. It sets in under a minute and sticks very well to the wraps. Almost as fast as fletch tape but holds up a lot better over time.