Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

black widow bow ?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default black widow bow ?

i understand that the new bows being made are made on a CNC machine... just wondering if anybody has shot one of the newer bows and what they think???
Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

They have been using a CNC for years, but as I understand it there is only so much a CNC can do--the finishing touches still need human hands. The CNC will ensure more uniformity from one to the next.

It's been a little while since I shot one, but I may get to shoot a brand-new one this evening. A friend of mine won a brand new BW bow in a raffle. BW very generously donated a bow to our "Catch-a-Dream" charity tournament, and my friend won it (think he spent $5, but then donated another $100 after he won the bow). Had it delivered to my shop because there's usually someone around to sign for packages.

Anyhow, I'll let you know what I think if I get a chance to shoot it--it's a 1-piece recurve.

I have shot the newer BW longbow, and I liked it. Denny Sturgis Jr. has killed gobs of critters with the old and new, so obviously they both work.

Chad
Old 08-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just ordered one for a test drive... will be hear tomorrow... looking forward to getting it!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Cool--that's one great thing that BW offers that a lot can't.

I won't get to shoot the one that came in until tomorrow (Thursday). He can't pick it up until then, and I don't want to open his package--much less be the first to shoot his new bow.

Chad