Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

"300 Round"

Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default "300 Round"

Anyone here familiar with it? I haven't shot one, yet--just getting familiar with the rules. Never even heard much about it until recently, and it's just on one board I frequent that has a lot of folks that seemed geared a lot more towards target archery than anything else.

Chad
Old 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, It is the NFAA (National Field Archery Association ) Indoor round. You can shoot a "One" Spot or "5" Spot target. On the " 5 " spot target the Bullseye is worth 5 points with each scoring ring after worth 4, 3, 2, 1 points. The Bullseye has a center " X " ring which you keep count of. So if two or more people shoot a " 300 " the winner is decided by the " X " count. Of course like with all NFAA shoots, you compete in different classes depending on your equipment.
You shoot 12 rounds of 5 arrows from 20 yards, with a max score of 25 points per round. You are going to meet a lot of good folks shooting target archery, and see a lot of different equipment. I did the whole target archery thing for years ,both dots and 3D. I had a lot of fun and shot and lost & broke a bunch of arrows.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

No tournaments anywhere around here that I know of. Talking about just shooting it for personal evaluation.

Chad
Old 08-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I have not even heard of it. But thats nothing new. I live in the sticks.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:20 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I hadn't heard of it either, except on one particular site that seems to be frequented more by target archers than anything else--even though it's a "traditional" forum.

The reason I ask is one guy started out talking about the 300 being so common among traditional shooters that practically everyone had shot it, etc. I called his bluff and he started crawfishing immediately. Changed his story 3 or 4 times in a day. It was very entertaining.