Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What is new

Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default What is new

I suppose everyone else is loking forward to hunting season. Looks like I will be hunting national forest mostly this year. Some idiot decided to burn under aburn ban an scorched all but about 20 acres of deer lease give or take some. The land owner has cows and his residence there. Oh well it will grow back. Did get 2 new stands designed and built though. So at least I am ready.

Last edited by Centxrecurve; 07-19-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

well that sux...itll pop up green as ever next spring. I'd be puttin seed down makin plots, easy when everything is gone..it also gives ya a chance to straighten out those lanes. ya get to build yer own funnels tooo...all im sayin is there can be upsides to all this.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I spent last weekend at the IBO Traditional World Championship. Hotter than blazes, had a great time, shot awful for the most part except in the mixed team shoot (got beat out by 3 points, but not because we shot poorly--the other team just shot a little better). Think I shot four "11"s out of my last 10 shots--best I've shot in years, and much better than I shot on the course. Oh well...

Thought I was going to Denton Hill next week, but I'd promised to help a friend with a project and it came due at the same time, so...oh well--maybe next year.

Bummer about the fire, but like hb said--their can be some positives to take advantage of.

My NM elk hunting buddy called me today, reminded me that we still have to plan for an Australian water buffalo hunt. I have to wait and see how the new DVD does...hoping it will send me on a vacation!

Other than that, busy in the garden, mowing yards (I have mine, my shop, my parents, our family cemetary, and an elderly aunt's) and trying to stay cool.

Chad