Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Browning Medalion

Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Browning Medalion

OK Guru's of the vintage bow

A friend of mine was fixing his mom's hotwater tank and hiding out in the basement was a dust covered recurve.

He's a compound guy so he brought the bow to me.

I cleaned it up a bit, eased it into a string and slowly stretched it out. No clicks, creaks, or other weird noises so I ran a couple of arrows through it- shoots nicely.

Anyway- tell me what you know about these bows

It's a Medalion, 64", 33# red and white glass on the limbs, looks like 3 veneers, nice wood riser- my father in law thinks maybe walnut or cherry?

Any idea on year? SN looks like 5H 1265 Did Browning make them or where they made by some one else?

thanks!

RC
Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I couldn't say RC--I owned a Browning Olympian once, 70", Olympic style recurve. Sweet shooter, wish I'd kept it. I don't think Browning made their own bows, but don't know who did. Sorry I'm not more help here.

Chad
Old 06-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

No problem! lol A little surprised they are so unknown. I got it a bit dialed in and gave it back to my friend- he's a compound shooter so I'm hoping this is a "hook" to the other side.

RC