Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
TN Classic at Twin Oaks >

TN Classic at Twin Oaks

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

TN Classic at Twin Oaks

Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default TN Classic at Twin Oaks

I plan to head that way early Thursday a.m. and get there before noon. Anyone from here going?

Chad
Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, another years promising I will and another year were I just can't find the time.

Have fun
Old 04-24-2011, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

Nope. The price for a gallon of gasoline is way too high for long distance trips like this one, Texas to Tennessee and back, for me. Trips like this are over for me so no going to other big name shoots either.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

So how was it? Haven't seen any pictures or anything.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Had a good time, didn't take any pictures (forgot my camera).

This shoot has grown into a monster, which I honestly don't like. The guys at the club are going full-bore trying to keep things running smoothly with no time to socialize, especially Pappy. Parking is a nightmare if you don't get there early a.m. and/or just get there Thursday and don't leave. There was only one novelty shoot this time, the Iron Man. I assume it was because the club members just didn't have time to run any of the others. I hate that, because they used to have some great novelties--I enjoyed those as much or more than the tournament itself.

The course was as good as ever, but some of the targets were a bit shot out. Not good when you count 12's (they didn't use to--scoring used to be anything inside the kill was a 5, outside the kill a 1).

They had a whole troop of scouts there making bows which was great, but IMO that should have happened on a different weekend.

Still a great tournament, and I'll be back, it's just a bit dissapointing that it's nowhere near as personal as it used to be.

Chad
Old 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Them boys amaze me at the time they will give to others. I always wanted to meet em.

Do you get to meet and talk with Pat B? He seems like a real good guy. I know he has personally helped me more than a few times. So has pappy.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I met Pat B. several years ago, and we became friends. We managed to talk a good while--he's good people, and so is Pappy. Just too dang busy.

Chad