Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

3-D Season

Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default 3-D Season

It's almost here. I plan on shooting in two different ones next month--there's the first of the monthly tournaments at "Lost Tribe" in Collierville, TN and the Allsouth "Pre-Spring Arrow Fling" at Tannehill State Park in AL (Home of the Howard Hill, put on by the same fellow--Terry Harris). The Southern Traditional Archery Association had their boardmembers meeting last weekend, and my wife was nominated to be a boardmember along with me and 5 others. We have big plans for our Jerry Pierce Memorial Shootout and our Catch-a-Dream charity shoot.

I'll be posting shoot dates and locations as they get closer, and everyone else is welcome to do the same.

Chad
Old 01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Spike

Local 3-D shoots here in my part of Indiana will start around mid march I am ready. planning on going to Cloverdale this summer I am hoping on a good 3-d season.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Been several years since I made Cloverdale. I'd love to get back, but too early to tell right now.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll hit about 8 or 9 trad-only shoots this year...the 1st one is in early April. Looking forward to them all
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Been exercising my Eric Krewson BBO--even though until a day or so ago I haven't shot in months, it still likes me.

Thinking I'll dedicate myself to shooting it this year, but also thinking about a RER longbow in my future....
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default Trying to find Keith and Edith Bain . . .

Hey. I'm a newbie to this forum. However, I joined because there was some conversation about Keith Bain in here. I have shot with him and his wife. Great people!!!! I would enjoy very much finding them and getting in touch with them. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him? I would appreciate even just an e-mail address.

I shoot a Massie Archery 62"AMO - 50#@28" longbow. Probably the smoothest shooting longbow I have ever shot. I also have a 62"AMO - 57#@28" that I "cut my eye teeth" shooting. I traded in a Jerry Hill "Mega-Hand_Shocker" bow for the second bow. Best trade I have ever made.

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on more Massie Archery bows?

I, too, am looking forward to shooting as many 3D shoots as I can find this summer.

Does anyone remember the Texas State Longbow Championship shoots? Those were probably the best 3D shoots I have ever been to. I understand they are not being held any longer.

Good Shooting to all of you!!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

When was the TSLC cancelled? I got my entry form last year (as best I remember I did anyway). I heard attendance was down, but didn't hear it was over. I wanted to shoot that one again--it was great.

Haven't heard anything about Keith and Edith in years--I'll shake a bush or two and see if I can find out anything.

No idea on Massie bows--seems that folks who have them hang onto them.

Chad