Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

selfnocks

Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default selfnocks

Do you use them? Make'em, love'em, hate'em? I've used carbon for my recurve for quite a long time, and for the most part they worked really well.

When I was putting together the mountain goat hunt (had a grizzly tag too) I decided to build something a bit more intrinsic to the upcoming adventure. I had a bunch of bamboo shafts in my closet so went about putting some woodies together- and a nice chunk of rosewood was just screaming to go along. A fair bit of work but I like the results and they fly very well. I ended up with 32" finished arrows that weighed in at nearly 800 grains (including a 160 gr broadhead) . Quiet, flys flat and true to 25 yards then goes rainbow trajectory after that.

RC
Old 10-26-2010, 03:34 AM
bigcountry

Thats extremely nice. I use bone on some cane arrows. Lots of work. Not near as nice looking as yours.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Super nice! Good job.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Excellent work! I've used them before, but mine didn't look nearly so good and were too dang much work. I like Bohnning Classics now...