Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Good news and bad

Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

I will disagree with a 2 blade hole closing up. Skin is some what elastic and will pull apart when muscle tissues underneath are exerted upon. Ever seen a paper cut close up? If your magnus heads fly better then in your own mind you have confidence in them, I would stick with what your doing it seems to be working...
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I have some 3 blade snuffers, I thought about trying. They don't fly as good as my 2 blade magnus.

Which bh do you use?

Ive used magnus two blades for year. I have also used G-5s. Both have worked great. I tend to like a two blade over a three blade though. In my mind, a two blade has less surface area, therefore less friction. I always get better penetration with two blades than I do with three blades.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 10-13-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
Ive used magnus two blades for year. I have also used G-5s. Both have worked great. I tend to like a two blade over a three blade though. In my mind, a two blade has less surface area, therefore less friction. I always get better penetration with two blades than I do with three blades.
No doubt, I have yet to not get a pass thru with em. Knock on wood. Seems to slice thru like butter as long as you stay away from the shoulder

Old 10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Spike

I've noticed that differing blood trails with two blade heads are due to how the blade contacts the muscle strands of the body. If the blade cuts perpendicular to the muscle strands, good blood. If the blade cuts parallel to the muscle strands, it appears the blade almost slides through the muscle and the muscle seals back easier and results in bad blood trails. Anyone else notice this?

Also, my son started bowhunting when he was 11 and he was shooting a 38 lb bow. I had him use a 2 blade magnus stinger to hopefully have as good of penetration as possible with the low poundage. What I found was that the 4 blade stinger penetrated equally as well as the 2 blade and provided a lot better blood trails. Since then, I've gone to using the four blade magnus stinger for all my traditional gear hunting.