Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Got Her Back!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Got Her Back!

Had to send my bow back for a re-finish--got her back today! I couldn't fling any arrows through it yet, because I lost my string, but I have a new one started and hopefully will get it done tomorrow. Looks dang near new, except for the dings that were too deep to sand out. Still, not bad for a bow that has been used and abused for the past 15 years or so.

Archery season opens a week from tomorrow--whoo-hoo!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:47 PM
bigcountry

Good deal. Does it have any odor? Have an osage right now, that smells strong of spar urathane.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Got her back with a week to spare is cutting it close... glad she's home where she belongs. Good luck
Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Spike

Good To hear!
Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If there is any odor, I can't tell it. It was close, but I had my old bowfishing bow as a back-up, and two selfbows. Got another selfbow coming--a total surprise from a friend. He makes one of the best shooting (and looking) selfbows I've ever seen.

Been meaning to get with him and have him guide me through a build, but he's an hour or two away and I never seemed to have time. Got word the other day that he's built me one of his trademark bamboo backed osage bows--hope to get my hands on it next week. Life is good!