Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

canting your bow

Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default canting your bow

I was out practicing today and I kinda canted my bow a little more than I usually do and I noticed my groups kinda got better... I also noticed that I could get a better view of my target...

does canting the bow make you shoot a littel better???
Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
I was out practicing today and I kinda canted my bow a little more than I usually do and I noticed my groups kinda got better... I also noticed that I could get a better view of my target...

If you start hitting to far right, cant less, if you start hitting too far left, well you get the picture.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Well I have noticed with my longbow I shoot better with a cant. With my recurve I do not cant at all
Old 09-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

I cant to the one o'clock position.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Everyone doesn't have to be exactly alike

There is basic and there are slight differences. I can't really judge exactly for you or you for me.

Just look at baseball hitters. You have a basic to start with and then a variation.

If you can shoot twenty arrows; hit the target accurately; keep your composure; don't worry about it.
It's when you have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn, you start to worry.

Practice and find your own ground zero.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard

Canting is part of what makes instinctive shooting instinctive. For me personally I find canting helps me improve my groups. However my Dad when he used to shoot, canting would throw his shooting off. It all depends on the hunter and what's comfortable to them
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always cant the bow some both Lb and recurve.I generally just let the degree happen unless there's something in the way forcing me to cant for clearance.