Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
So is it weird that.... >

So is it weird that....

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

So is it weird that....

Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Spike

Default So is it weird that....

..... even though I've only been shooting my compound for about a month, I'm already thinking about ditching it and going Trad?

I mean don't get me wrong, I do enjoy shooting my compound (albeit the draw is too long for me), but when I have to fiddle-faddle with all the accessories I just get really frustrated.

I mean, I got to mess with the sights, then I have my whisker biscuit rest which doesn't work well with me using fingers, so now I gotta get a release, but even then I have to get a drop-away rest because the wb is hell on my vanes..... on and on and on.....

I just enjoy shooting and I just wanna have fun shooting 3d and sending arrows downrange.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
bigcountry

Get both. Thats what I do.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I switched a few years ago and never looked back! Heck, I don't even own a compound anymore......no need for it!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Nothing wrong with wanting to try the "other side". Some folks like to shoot both, some stick to one or the other--whichever works for you.

I gave up the compound years ago--the ones on the market today don't even look like a bow to me anymore.

There is some tuning to be done with traditional gear, and getting better is a never-ending quest, but I enjoy it more and find it to be much more rewarding. I grew to hate checking for loose screws and such when I shot a compound.

Chad
Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Spike

I'm going to the shop this afternoon and see if they'll let me shoot some recurves.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

After switching back to my recurve bows, I haven't shot my compound bows since 2003. I love the simplicity of trad bows. No sights, no stabilizers, no peep sights, now wrist slings, etc and I don't miss all the tinkering with said equipment.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Okik
I'm going to the shop this afternoon and see if they'll let me shoot some recurves.

yep, my local shop sucks. they don't let you try crap until after you've paid for it.

bummer....
Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

I shot trad growing up and then I got a compound when I was a teenager. It sat in my closet for years. Got it out two years ago and figured out that I just didn't like shooting it. Its too complicated. I just got my new trad bow last week and its awesome.