Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
what I have been building lately >

what I have been building lately

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

what I have been building lately

Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default shine

I let him get the shine he wanted.
He is happy with it. I do not like the string they sent with bow. Brace height is 8 inches or better and thats after I took some twist out. I also have not checked draw weight but it was supposed to be 45lbs at 28 inches. I ordered it at hunting weight since he isnt too far off from it on compound. He only pulls a 24 or 25 inch draw. I figured the bow would come in closer to the 40lb range and would be less at his draw. I was wrong it seems to be more. I will have to string it again and check weight. I know once it is shot in it may drop some weight.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve
I let him get the shine he wanted.
He is happy with it. I do not like the string they sent with bow. Brace height is 8 inches or better and thats after I took some twist out. I also have not checked draw weight but it was supposed to be 45lbs at 28 inches. I ordered it at hunting weight since he isnt too far off from it on compound. He only pulls a 24 or 25 inch draw. I figured the bow would come in closer to the 40lb range and would be less at his draw. I was wrong it seems to be more. I will have to string it again and check weight. I know once it is shot in it may drop some weight.
Complain to Jim at rudder. 8" is way too much. But it should stretch to 7" after being shot. Should be more like 5.5-6" for a longbow IMO.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

You got a talent there for making things out of wood.
I do good to saw a board into.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thanks

It easy just cut and glue LOL
Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Everybody is shy to show thier bows. Rev, Fieldmouse, Centx.

But pretty cool chairs. Not sure what those pointy things are.

Do you think the chairs will be real solid?

I always wanted to make a table top out of a big piece of walnut, but couldn't figure out how to keep it from cracking

Okay, here are two long bows I made and a leather quiver..I'm not a photographer!!! okay

Last edited by The Rev; 05-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.