Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Death of the crusader

Old 06-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Death of the crusader

Well thought I would drop in. Fishings been good. Kings are slow one day hot the next, same with the halibut. 2 days of as fast as you could reel them up halibut fishing, my arms are dead. Pulled some pots today, full of dungies crabs. What a hoot. Whales everyday, eagles everywhere. Going home is gonna be hard!

Yes my first crusader is DEAD! Well sort of. I knew it had a crack but didnt realize how bad it was. Sorry Chad this is the only way I can get ahold of you from here. I stopped by Juneau on my way to Sitka and had Steve H look at it. (whitebison longbow company owner in mo is now in juneau ak and isnt making bows anymore) He broke the bad news, she' s waiting to blow! Not 1 but 3 cracks in the beast......Glad I brought backup, now just gotta find time to shoot and a place to do it. up at 3:30 not done at work till 5:30-6. Hopefully I can finally have my hands on one of steves bow' s here soon. [] We' ll see......

well off to dinner, hopefully yall is having a good summer!
Old 06-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default RE: Death of the crusader

I hope you give her a proper burial. I think your talking about the bow you used on all those hunts? What a shame. Hopefully you find a new one that is to your liking.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that, Dan. It' d be hard to part with something that you had with you through all that huntin. I second the notion that a proper memorial at least is due. Good thing for back ups though.

Brandan
Old 06-23-2003, 04:30 PM

Well as one dies one is born. My new Marc Special Crusader should be here tomorrow. I hope I can take it hunting as much as LilHunter
Old 06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

CT, if we could only be that lucky. Sheeeesh, use it as much as Lil' , are you dreaming as much as me?
Old 06-24-2003, 07:26 PM

What was I thinking[], probably never get to Alaska to hunt
Old 06-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

CT, NEVER say never. Alaska is my all time goal. I want to be able to hunt the whole season too. One of these days..........................................
Old 06-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

gee guys, Ak is much more doable then yall could ever imagine. Even more so when you know someone here, not to mention he is a guide [8D]. SHEESH!

As for the bow....well I hope it will last for this sheep season. I doubt it. Got an email from Marc so who knows. Heck I cant find a stinkn place to shoot down here. NO BOWHUNTERS. The ones who are (Doug Borland.,....remember Jay Massey and the Moose John Days) dont answer their phones!!! Looking for burlap and some shrink wrap to get my sentman up and shooting.

I dont think I have EVER eaten so good though. Crabs, shrimp, salmon, halibut, bou, moose, etc etc etc......And loosing weight at that! []

I' ll try and get some pics of this place when the weather finally gets better. Been pretty snotty most of the time. When we do see sun I dont have a camera at hand!

Old 06-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Kip
Fork Horn

Hey CT, when are we booking our trip with Lil' ?

Man alive Lil' , it sounds like your just hating that new job. You' ll find a place to shoot. Heck, use your buddies sleeping bag all rolled up, that should work fairly well. [&:][&:]
Old 06-25-2003, 11:17 AM

Kip any time. My wife says if I buy one more bow or talk about one more hunting trip I better plan on living off of what I shoot and living where ever I go. I guess Alaska might not be that bad

Waiting on my new Crusader as we speak. Came home from work early to meet the mailman. Sure hope it comes today!

Quick Reply: Death of the crusader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.