Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
stabilizer...yes or no? >

stabilizer...yes or no?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

stabilizer...yes or no?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Spike

Default stabilizer...yes or no?

how many of you guys have a stabilizer on your trad bow?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not me have no need for one
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
bigcountry

Hmm, never heard of stabilizer and traditional. I don't know one traditional bow maker that puts hole/bushing on one for a stabilizer. Maybe Morrison.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Lots of trad bows, especially the older ones, had a bushing you can use for a stabilizer--most use it for a bowfishing reel though. Most any custom bowyer will offer it, if the riser design allows.

I've heard of a very few using them. I never have--don't need one for hunting, not legal for tournaments I shoot in--but it might help with some bows.

Chad
Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LBR
Lots of trad bows, especially the older ones, had a bushing you can use for a stabilizer--most use it for a bowfishing reel though. Most any custom bowyer will offer it, if the riser design allows.

I've heard of a very few using them. I never have--don't need one for hunting, not legal for tournaments I shoot in--but it might help with some bows.

Chad
Guess what I am sayign is traditional has different meanings for different people.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trad is exactly what it says on the Tin , Traditional gear without the Add-ons . I don't think there are many that shoot trad gear with stab on the front , even if they got the bushing .
Old 11-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

lol good arguements
Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many might call it a bow quiver.
Like the guys at shoots who have a bow quiver filled with arrows but shoot those from another quiver they carry.
Stabilizers ate as "traditional" as glass in bows, fastflight, and about 100 other things.

I use one on my hunting bow - what some call it really doesn't matter.

Steve
Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not Me !
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If I remember correctly, the gentleman I was referring to has severe arthritus, and the stablilizer reduced the shock in his bow so it wasn't so painful to shoot.

Seems I saw a picture of a state record whitetail a year or three ago killed with a.......Hoyt, I think--metal riser recurve--and it had a stabilizer on it.

I don't really care myself--I shoot a longbow with wood arrows most of the time, and selfbows, and on a rare occassion a recurve. If I liked it better, it wouldn't bother me to shoot a recurve with carbon arrows and a stablilizer.

Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.