Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hunting

Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I've never set out specifically to hunt squirrels with my bow, but I have shot at a few. Only hit one so far, and I'm having it mounted in the mouth of a red fox I shot (also with my longbow). If I can ever get the taxidermist to answer the dang phone...the lesson here is don't use a taxidermist that isn't within easy driving distance!

Chad
Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

LOL true Figured it would be fun and challenging.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LBR
I've never set out specifically to hunt squirrels with my bow, but I have shot at a few. Only hit one so far, and I'm having it mounted in the mouth of a red fox I shot (also with my longbow). If I can ever get the taxidermist to answer the dang phone...the lesson here is don't use a taxidermist that isn't within easy driving distance!

Chad
Thats gonna be a cool mount, is the Fox done yet??
Old 10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I was told all the fox needed was a little touch-up paint, on the nose and such, and he was waiting to get the squirrel back from a place that freeze-dries them (easier than mounting, especially with it being in the fox's mouth). That was several month ago though......then he had back surgery...... I know things happen, but I'd like for someone to answer the phone now and then to let me know what's up.

Oh well.....
Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Got good news and bad news about my mount. Good news is it should be on the way soon. Bad news is the delay was because the taxidermist had an accident that resulted in a broken back. He's had three surgeries and may have another within a month or so.

I can understand why I've gotten no phone calls and/or nobody there to answer the phone now! He apologized profusely, and told me I don't owe any more on it because I was patient and the deposit covered the cost of materials.

Now I can't wait to see my mount!

Chad
Old 10-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know Rloving does, last year on a deer hunt he shot the tail off a squirrel..
Old 10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
I know Rloving does, last year on a deer hunt he shot the tail off a squirrel..
Still got it too! That tree rat was wondering what ripped by his azz.Cost me a good Muzzy B/H!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Still got it too! That tree rat was wondering what ripped by his azz.Cost me a good Muzzy B/H!
You should hang it off the back of your ball hat, you know them girls pay a lot for them Tony Ponys.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that little not so bushy tail is still around this year I will burn him down with the 45 Colt! I am so looking forward to the 31 of the month...hope no cows to work this year!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I think you two practice to much catch and release.

Yep, I went there. lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.