Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Best Way To Sell A Bow >

Best Way To Sell A Bow

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Best Way To Sell A Bow

Old 01-24-2002, 05:45 PM

Default Best Way To Sell A Bow

I've tried all the obvious methods...free classified sites on the internet, adds in the PBS mags, blanket trades at some of the bigger shoots...and I'm still in pocession of the bow!! It's been a year!! Any other suggestions? I've never had trouble before..but the bow I've sold in the past were recurves. This is a longbow. Does that make a difference?
Old 01-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Way To Sell A Bow

Who made the bow? What are the types of wood used and the specs? Maybe someone can point you in the right direction.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

EBAY man ! Biggest audience of people you can possible find. I have a bow on there right now.

Now, don't say anything to my wife, but you dais "longbow" right ? Send me an email .............
Old 01-24-2002, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, you cant sell it? I guess more details is right!

check out
www.women-outdoors.com/traditional

There is a hole list of classifieds, free and some not free that you can post on.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:44 AM

More details....well its a right hand, 66" all bocote (one of the most beautiful woods available) Leon Stewart Longbow. Draw weight is 70 lbs at 28". It accepts fastflight, but I use dacron. Shoots 65-70 woodies awesome! I bought it to prove I could handle the challenge of a longbow. I did well with it during the 2000 season and it has seen very little action since. I hate that is is wasting away there. I can rotate between my recurves daily and not loose any accuracy but the demands of the longbow require I constantly practice to maintain compitancy. It sounds corny, but promised I would find it a good home!

I have it posted on Delores Farmers webpage and Brian Cole's Trading Blanket. I'm leery, VERY, of EBay. Again, I feel obliged to find the bow a good home. My 2000 season was incredible and I owe it all to the bow!!!
Old 01-25-2002, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

DEBob - I see your ad on the womensoutdoors site - didn't get any calls huh ? Posting a picture would help I am sure, and I agree, bocote is primo beautiful wood.

70 pounds ! UGHHH, I could never shoot a bow that heavy. Beautiful I bet though. Why be leary of EBAY ? You are the seller, the buyer pays you before you send the bow, and you might sell it for more than you are asking. I as a seller and buyer have had little problems with EBAY.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Same here Stealthy. Very few problems buying or selling on ebay out of almost 400 transactions and dealing with over 300 different people.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:01 PM

You cannot beat eBay! I have sold lots of stuff there and bought even more. It has been a great experience. I only got shafted twice in over 150 transactions.

Gar
Old 01-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

What sort of fee does Ebay charge the seller, & how much trouble is to to register, etc??
Old 01-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Vic, I think you need a credit card to sell, but registration is pretty easy. This according to my lady who handles all the financial stuff.

I don't remember exactly how much they charge, but if you go into ebay.com you can check out their fees. The site is layed out pretty well and is easy to check stuff out.

Quick Reply: Best Way To Sell A Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.