Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Recurve draw lenght

Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 AM

Default Recurve draw lenght

I have a draw lenght of 28 in but when i draw my recurve back 28 in draw lenght it doesnt come to my anchor point. Do i gain or lose draw lenght by switching to recurve from compound bow.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the past you would lose about 1-2" going to a recurve but that was back when most folks still shot compounds with fingers.Not sure what the difference would be with a release in the picture.At any rate you should just draw the recurve back to a comfortable consistent anchor.Most by far anchor their middle finger at the corner of their mouth.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Have someone measure your draw length using the recurve. Most that I know who shot a release with a compound, lost and inch or so when they made the switch. Some didn't. In the rare case, I've seen a person gain a bit, but it's uncommon. I shot fingers when I shot a compound. Switching to a recurve, I didn't lose any length.