Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Reflections.....

Old 05-11-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Reflections.....

I have been shooting Traditional since 1998 with mixed results. I have almost given up once or twice. In the last 5 years, I have tried many many bows and just haven' t found the right one. Some shot good but were noisey, some stacked, some were smooth but slow, some just didn' t feel right. I have owned some of the better bows out there and all had good points but each had some little thing I just couldn' t adjust to. WELL, I bought a Chekmate hunter I from a dealer. It is a greybark and Bibinga riser with greybark limbs and 53 lbs. at 28" . It draws like a 45 lb. bow and shoots like a 60 lb. bow. The grip(which has been a poblem with many bows) was a little ackward like several bows I' ve owned but after a few days it started to feel like part of my hand. The dealer put a set of spider legs about the size of a quarter on the string and the bow is dead quiet and all I' ve done is set the nocking point. I think I have found MY magical bow. I have shot some of the best groups of my life in the last couple of weeks. I also have a special 56" hunter I got from LBR and it shoots almost as good as my hunter I but this bows seems to be the ONE. I have a custom Hunter I ordered from LBR and just hope it shoots like this one.Sorry to be so long winded but just wanted to share with everyone. Don
Old 05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Reflections.....

Congratulations! For me, it was a Brackenbury Legend that was my magic bow. Shot it for several years and then got depressed and sold it when I first became disabled and thought I' d never walk again.

Take it from me... NEVER, under any circumstances, get rid of your magic bow! Unless you find another one that' s even MORE magic.