Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Son's first bow

Old 02-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Son's first bow

Yep, I had my head in my but. I cut my riser out, sanded it to fit the core I had just built. Got it matted great, then went to cut the fades, and cut them out on the side I had just concaved to fit the core. The new riser is not as colorful. I just threw a piece of curly maple on the glue bench, with an ipe strip through it. Got the riser cut and glued up with the belly lam and the bow is ready to finish. It just wont be as colorful as the original plan was.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:03 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Son's first bow

Shoot Kent, for me, that would have been a all day Sat. fault. For you, I bet you fixed it in 2 hours.

One thing I learned out of all this. I can't break this bow in half with the bone overlay. Since the bow is trashed, I wanted to see how strong it was at that knot in handle. I coulnd't break it over my leg. so Iplan on using the bone overlay thing again.