Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Who would be interested. >

Who would be interested.

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Who would be interested.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Who would be interested.

I read on the hunting forum about the Bowmarang back home in Aus.

A bow has been passed around, the guys have shot it and hunted with it for a short time then they have signed it and passed it on to the next guy.

Who would be interested in doing something like that here?

I know this is all on trust.

But I am prepared to make the bow to be passed around as long as I get it back with all the signatures on it.

I will need to know a few things first.

Average draw weight and draw lenght are probably the most important because I dont want to over bow any one who wants to get involved.

I know now that most of the deer season are closed and a lot of folks wont be hunting, but I think quite a few members here will still be out chasing pigs, rabbits, tree rats or what ever.

Of course there will have to be some ground rules set out like how long should each one have it and of course who ever has it must write a story with pics and post here on the forum.

So what ya'll think????????????????
Old 01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

Default RE: Who would be interested.

I'm trustworthy and would do it .... I shoot no more than 55# I imagine at 28" ..... but the way I shoot live animals you might want to assign it to me from Oct-Dec

I've been playing with cutting river cane and making cane arrows .... if this gets going maybe, MAYBE, I could make a 1/2 dozen or even dozen good can shafting? I dunno .... if I can make it I'd sure send them (cane is drying right now, I've not tried to work the nodes yet, just read about it)
Old 01-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Russ that is a great idea! They did this over at Trad gang and the 2 bows have been passed around for a while now with a thread of stories and pictures that accompanied their journeys! This is a great thing you would be doing! Please count me in I would be honored to hunt with one of your bows!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:14 PM
bigcountry

I possibly would. I just would like to really hunt with it. And like Brad, Sept-Oct 31 is optimal. Or if I had a pig trip coming up.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mark.

Thats the big problem not every one is going to be able to have it during deer season.

Maybe a 3d round if there is no hunting.

I am thinking of a Take Down for ease of shipping andabout 50lb @ 28" that way not too many should be over bowed.

Oh and of course they would have to be a forum regular and not some one signing on to get a free bow

Now if Brad can get those cane arra's[8D]
Old 01-16-2009, 05:25 PM

I loved the idea of it when I first read the same story you did. You were wondering how to get a bow into Will's hands? We're going black bear hunting together in May... Not sure what I'd hunt with it... brown bear over a creek in mid April would keep shots less than 20 yards. Hmmmm... (edit: not sure I'd throw sticks at brown bears at only 50#, we'll see.)

In any case, I'm in. My trad bows (longbow and recurve) are both 54# at 28" but I draw them just a tad over that and therefore like a pretty long bow.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I draw them just a tad over that and therefore like a pretty long bow.
All my bows are 66" that long enough for ya

I am sure I can always come up with a stronger set of limbs if needed
Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya know Russ just have a sign up for the trusting regulars that you approve to each have it to shoot for a week to 10 days in the fall. Each guy is responsible to send it to the next guy after his 10 days are up, with you in the know of its whereabouts the entire time! You could also have it go around in the summer so folks can get a feel for it, once again each guy that signs up is responsible to send it to the next on the list!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Joe.

Good idea.

I was thinking along the lines of 2 weeks during the spring/ summer months then around again for a week during fall winter for hunting season.

I just ordered the glass and boo for the limbs ( enough to make 4 limbs)they will be here later on next week. one set at 50lb @ 28 and the other 55lb @ 28"

Well get this going

Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great idea Kanga. My buddy has a farm that we're gonna try and take some coyotes on with bows this year, and season for them is year-round. 50 lbs would be good enough for me.

Would anyone object to me shooting a few fish with it? That could add a nice chapter to the bow's journey. We have an adapter with rubber straps to hold a reel on it without hurting the bow.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.