Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Glass laminate bows and their affects on hunting

Old 01-16-2009, 05:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Glass laminate bows and their affects on hunting

Or, those darn backed bows. What happened to the true hunters. The ones who wittle out a selfbow, nap his flint, and hunt.

I guess our sport is dieing due to the fact manufactured bows are being used by all those slob hunters.[:@]

Old 01-16-2009, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Glass laminate bows and their affects on hunting

Lol!! Some day Kent I'll I'll be shooting wood arrows, maybe even this year. As for the self bow stuff- who knows If I get that far with It. The flint heads are also a possibility.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Lol!! Some day Kent I'll I'll be shooting wood arrows, maybe even this year. As for the self bow stuff- who knows If I get that far with It. The flint heads are also a possibility.
Shhhh, dont tell anyone, but I quit using wood arrows a long time ago. Too expensive, a pain in the but to tune, and carbon are so much more durabile.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are too much!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I just had to post a satire of all the craziness I’m seeing on this , and other boards. Pistol hunters gripe because rifle hunters are not real hunters. Same for some black powder hunters. We have rifle hunters gripping about the bow hunters injuring too many deer. We have compound, and some crossbow hunters gripping because rifle and pistol hunters are lazy slob hunters. We have trad bow hunters arguing that all other forms of hunting is for lazy slobs. I could go on with all aspects of hunting including baiting, fences, scents, decoys, food plots, etc. etc. and all the counter views. Yet we have hunters saying Peta is our enemy?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:50 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Shhhh, dont tell anyone, but I quit using wood arrows a long time ago. Too expensive, a pain in the but to tune, and carbon are so much more durabile.
Kent, your nutty as a fruitcake. I agree on durability.I have stuggled with carbons since day one with trad bows. If I get a good set of cedars that within 10gr of each other, and spined within 3lbs, they seem so much more forgiving than carbons. I keep a set of 2 or 3 cedars varying in spine. And once you find the one that flys well, your set.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I just had to post a satire of all the craziness I’m seeing on this , and other boards. Pistol hunters gripe because rifle hunters are not real hunters. Same for some black powder hunters. We have rifle hunters gripping about the bow hunters injuring too many deer. We have compound, and some crossbow hunters gripping because rifle and pistol hunters are lazy slob hunters. We have trad bow hunters arguing that all other forms of hunting is for lazy slobs. I could go on with all aspects of hunting including baiting, fences, scents, decoys, food plots, etc. etc. and all the counter views. Yet we have hunters saying Peta is our enemy?
Thank you for posting that. I don't post enough for anyone to take what I say seriously, so I usually just keep my mouth shut (or fingers still, depending on how you look at it). A lot of the crap, and I really mean CRAP that I've read in so many of the threads on HNI, (even a few here in the Trad forum) is truly depressing. If I thought that all of you fellas on here felt the way that I've seen some talk, I'd just as soon ship my longbow back to Matt/PA and give it up altogether. I'm glad that the majority of you have a little class.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now I see whats wrong with future generation! The teachers are online stirring the pot and not teaching....Kent! Here's a subject...has teachers with laptops affected our students? Don't even get on a student for texting during class when we know what your doing,go disect a cat or something.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Now I see whats wrong with future generation! The teachers are online stirring the pot and not teaching....Kent! Here's a subject...has teachers with laptops affected our students? Don't even get on a student for texting during class when we know what your doing,go disect a cat or something.
We have passing period, confernence periods, and lunch. I do drive bys when I post.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey littlechief you should see how folks behave on another website when someone mentions "high fence"! Same guys that will shoot a exotic game and have to remember to take ear tag out before they take a photo! You have to take so much stuff with a grain of salt and see the irony in some subjects.

Quick Reply: Glass laminate bows and their affects on hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.