Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 The Chrissy Present Build Along >

The Chrissy Present Build Along

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The Chrissy Present Build Along

Old 11-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Chrissy Present Build Along

Just to get a rough idea of how it's gonna look when finished, I wet the wood down and laid the Leopardwood on top of the Morado.

Done the same with the Black Walnut when I first ripped the Walnut I was a little dissapointed but after grinding them down and wetting them a little they should look good under the glass. The glue really should make the dark lines really stand out

Well thats all I can do for probably the next week as it's going to take atleast 5 days for the glass,boo and hardware to get here after I order it on Monday.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Im gonna have to get you to make me one soon kanga, i want mine to be a build along too
Old 11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Looken good. Im really likeing the rose wood. Ive been in the shop trying to kick out two bows as we speak. That and about three pieces of furniture. All before Christmas. Not sure if ill get it done.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kent.

When I first seen the Morado it looked real good so I brought it.

I did not know it was gonna have all the beautiful swirls through the centeruntil I got the riser rough cut.

I am invisioning what it's gonna look like when I do the final shaping and cut out the sight window

It should look real sweet but thats gonna be roughly a week or more away, can't do anymore till I get the limbs made and tillered[8D]
Old 11-29-2008, 06:10 PM

Wow... I can't believe how great those woods are going to look together!! This is so cool to watch how it all is going to come together!

Geez... that Chad must be one hell of a lucky man!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez... that Chad must be one hell of a lucky man!!!!
Tana.

He is one lucky man but only because he has you for a GF

But I honestly don't see what you see in him[8D]

Oh check your email
Old 11-29-2008, 07:07 PM

Ahhh ... You are to sweet!!!! Maybe you should remind him just how lucky he is!!! Hehe!!

OH and.. since the secret is out about his bow.. you can drop me a few hints what he is doing with my bow!!!!
It would ONLY be fair!!!!

I do know since I am sort of stuck getting camo that he is getting me PINK String!!! YEAH!!! A girl needs to be a girl even when she is kicking her boyfriends ass on the range! Oh I'll pay for that one!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to tell you the same thing Rodney King said to the guy shooting the video of him getting his @ _ _ kicked... Put down the camera and help!

Put down that camera Russ, you'll get more work done.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

OH and.. since the secret is out about his bow.. you can drop me a few hints what he is doing with my bow!!!!
he is getting me PINK String!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the loud mouth he told me not to say a word about the pink string[:@]

Just for that I'm gonna write "YOU SUCK" some where on the top limb just as a little reminder to him every time he draws the bow

Put down that camera Russ, you'll get more work done.
Bob.

It's more fun behind the camera[8D]
Old 11-29-2008, 08:32 PM

That was the ONLY way I agreed to the camo bow... I wanted pink string and pink arrows!!
I mean the poor guys is buying me a Matthews which is killing him already... so you think I would make it easy and simple for him?? NOT!!! I even told him he has to put a Matthew sticker on his truck right next to his Bowtech one!!! LOL
Ok.. so.. just a little hint..... come on.... I know he is planning something else....
Like maybe a diamond to go with my Matthews since I am not getting the Diamond Black Ice I wanted???? Huh????? If that is the case... I'll send you a few pics so you can guide him in the right direction... OK??? hehehe..

Quick Reply: The Chrissy Present Build Along

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.