Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New bow

Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: New bow

Guys, what are the downsides of having a "not mild" r/d design? Or a radical r/d design?

Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Guys, what are the downsides of having a "not mild" r/d design? Or a radical r/d design?
Not much. I like a more r-d in shorter bows. In longer bows, I like a sexy mild r-d. As for why I like it that way. More r-d makes the bow shoot more like a recurve. So a shorter longbow with lots of reflex will shoot more like a recurve.A mild r-d, on a longer bow, will give you the best of both worlds. Not quite as fast as a recurve or a radical r-d longbow, but much smoother. Or that is my oppinion in the bows I make.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

It is noticeably smoother than my Crusader that has much more recurve to the limbs. Seems a bit more quiet.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice! I bet that is one sweet shooter!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have foundradical to be more "sensitive", or "critical" of the shooter. The only exception that I have personally found was my Adcock which I still have, but don't shoot too much.

Personally, I'd only shoot a HH style bow if they didn't kick like a mule. And yes, I have heard all of the shoot heavy arrows, hold the bow differently, or this one doesn't kickclaims, but to me they still kick like a mule. Having a sensitive elbow and wrist sure doesn't help either.