Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Snuffers

Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Snuffers

I picked up a 6 pack of 125gr Magnus Snuffers today. I am very impressed with these heads. They fly great out of the longbow with 2016 XX78s and with GameGetter XX75 500s. They need a bit of a touch up out of the package but sharpen easily. If they are as durable as they look I may just stick with thse for a while! I have a ton of different 125gr heads. I like these the best for trad equipment so far and at $27.99 for 6 they are a deal.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Snuffers

I can't wait to stick a deer with one of these coming from my Longbow! I've got the 125gr with a 50 grain insert up front and they pack a whallop!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told to coat them with vasoline or something to keep the rust off!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Snuffers

If they are as durable as they look I may just stick with these for a while!
Trust me, there are Greg! I've been shooting these Magnus Snuffers (125 grain) for 15 years now and yet have I had one break or bend on me when hitting bone or tree's. I shot them out of my compound too back in the day when I shot compound. So far for me they've been the best broadhead I've ever used. The blood trails have been unbelievable, the hole it leaves isn't to bad either! Sharpening them is probably the worst thing for people. Allot of people have a hard time sharpening them for some reason.

I was told to coat them with vasoline or something to keep the rust off!
I do the same thing Joe. I've always put vasoline on all of my broadheads I use for hunting when I put them in the quiver. Not just the Snuffer's either. All of the brands I've used over the years vasoline goes on them.