Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bear Super Magnum

Old 03-04-2003, 11:07 PM

Default Bear Super Magnum

Anyone else shoot one of these? I was recently gifted one of these and like the way it shoots, surprisingly smooth for a 48" bow. Of course, it only draws 40#@28, but still only stacks about the last half inch or so. Pretty little bow too, almost like the opposite of my long and graceful Super Kodiak.

I am tempted to try some carbon arrows and see what kind of performance I can squeeze from this bow. It would be awesome in a treestand. Of course, I am probably asking too much from this sweet little stick, given it' s light draw weight.

Guaranteed I will be packing it for stumps, cones and small game. I like this bow a lot.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Bear Super Magnum

My first " real" hunting bow was a Super Mag " 48." I really liked the bow also. Mine was 45# and I took my first two deer with it. It can be a little quirky due to its light weight and how short it is. Kind of " torquey" if your not used to shooting such a short bow. I did like the long brace height on it though. Mine really flung an arrow, but I sold it for college " beer money" when I bought my first compound. Have fun with it and if you ever want to sell it, let me know. :&gt

KPC
Old 03-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear Super Magnum

I have a Super 48 Mag,57#@28" ,made in 1968,and it' s suprisingly pretty comfortable to shoot.I don' t hunt it but I do take it out for a shoot every now and then.It could also use a refinishing job on it-maybe get that done this year.