Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Super nocks

Old 07-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Super nocks

Anyone use these things on there Aluminum arrows? I ordered a dozen arrows (XX75 2216 Camo hunters) and these are what they will come with. I've always used the glue on nocks before this.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Super nocks

I used to use em. I like em especially for building up arrows and getting my feathers the way I like em. But these days, they are getting difficult to find, as are alot of aluminums, so I have been going with teh glue ons.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any tips on how they work? I've never even seen one before.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, I have used them in the past and like them. I pretty muchuse Easton Legacy's though. But the super nock will make for easier robinhoods. Those swaged just deflect.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Any tips on how they work? I've never even seen one before.
You can twist the nock where you can't with conventional swaged nocks. It should be a two piece construction where you use a bushing and a nock like on carbons. And should be able to press fit nocks in the bushing. Does that make sense.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 AM
bigcountry

also, one more tip, on super slams XX78, there is no need for the bushing (adaptor for super nocks), but on XX75s, you have to cut off alum end where you used to glue on conventional nocks.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Bigc!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

also, one more tip, on super slams XX78, there is no need for the bushing (adaptor for super nocks), but on XX75s, you have to cut off alum end where you used to glue on conventional nocks.
I could be wrong but wasn't that just for the super swaged XX78. I liked those arrows a lot, but I thought they stopped making them. They helped in gettign a little more FOC . I thought the super slams needed the bushing (they come with the arrows when you buy them).
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I could be wrong but wasn't that just for the super swaged XX78. I liked those arrows a lot, but I thought they stopped making them. They helped in gettign a little more FOC . I thought the super slams needed the bushing (they come with the arrows when you buy them).
Not sure, I always went for the XX75's just cheaper and worked for me. You could be right.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:42 AM

Are the Super Nocks REALLY that much better than the older, glue on Snap Nocks? I'm always used Snap On nocks on my XX75's and found they are inexpensive versus the newer Super Nocks w/the Uni Bushings!

Quick Reply: Super nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.