Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Good nocking point knot >

Good nocking point knot

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Good nocking point knot

Old 07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
bigcountry

Default Good nocking point knot

I don't like using brass nock points. And like to tie it in. But I have a heck of a time getting it to stay in place. When my shots start going down hill, usually its my knot moving (due to I shoot 3 under and my index finger twists it every shot) or my BH changed.

Anybody know a knot that won't move? I have been using the serving knot like Greg/MO ties in the tech section with 4-6 wraps. Also tried some knots which is a bunch of overhand knots front to back. Sooner or later they move.

I notice some say drop a bit of glue on the knot with dental floss or waxed whatever. But I thought the glue would be bad if it made it to the string material.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good nocking point knot

I don't know what knot to use,but could you put it above the knock?Or you could check out some flyfishing knots.JMO
Old 07-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

And like to tie it in. But I have a heck of a time getting it to stay in place.
That's why I always have a roll of dental floss or spool of thread with me. I've never found the perfect knot for a never-moving nock point either. [&:]
Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I tie a nock on(I use fast-flite),I fold the string in half with one end longer than the other.Put the FF on the string where you want it set.Take the longer side and wrap as many times as you want towards the loop end,leaving the short tag end sticking out from under the wrapsthen run the tag end thru the open loop.Pull the shorter piece with pliers,this will bring the loop(with the long tag end)thru the wraps,giving a secure nock set.Trim the tag ends and put a drop of superglue or fletching glue on it.I hope that was understandable
Old 07-07-2008, 06:14 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: JimPic

When I tie a nock on(I use fast-flite),I fold the string in half with one end longer than the other.Put the FF on the string where you want it set.Take the longer side and wrap as many times as you want towards the loop end,leaving the short tag end sticking out from under the wrapsthen run the tag end thru the open loop.Pull the shorter piece with pliers,this will bring the loop(with the long tag end)thru the wraps,giving a secure nock set.Trim the tag ends and put a drop of superglue or fletching glue on it.I hope that was understandable
That kinda sounds like my serving knot where I pull the tag end thru the wraps and then tighten. I guess I got to try the superglue.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to see I’m not the only one having an issue here. I had tied in my nock point with dental floss and it held up well, but I recently switched to serving thread to be “proper”. It doesn’t hold for anything. I may try the glue or just go back to my dental floss.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
That kinda sounds like my serving knot where I pull the tag end thru the wraps and then tighten. I guess I got to try the superglue.
Exactly--just like finishing off the serving.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I actually like to be able to adjust mine. I do use a serving thread for the knot that is smaller thenserving though. I just usethe half knot over and under technique. If I need tomake the serving a little larger to match my nocks, I use dental floss.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:52 PM

I only use string nocks. Less wear and tear on the shooting glove too. Here is good set of instructions, however instead of super glue which can eat away at a string I use Clear Nail Polish to seal the knot.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ragiwarmbear/diy/ton/tie.html
Old 07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
bigcountry

Yea, I have tied this knot formany years, and find it will move on your faster than the serving knot. Maybe the glue is the secret. wood, does this knot ever move on you?

Quick Reply: Good nocking point knot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.