Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Signs of being bored......... >

Signs of being bored.........

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Signs of being bored.........

Old 02-17-2003, 05:48 PM

Default Signs of being bored.........

Well, I went out in the yard to shoot my bow yesterday. It was about 15 degrees and the wind was blowing about 20 MPH with the sleet and snow pouring down. I think that qualifies for boredom. You will be happy to know, I was shooting a recurve. I have decided to put some more work into the stickbows and try to figure this thing out. I even got hold of LBR and ordered a 56" Chek Mate hunter. I think you would call this a hunter 1.5. I will post some pictures when I get it. As the comercial says " this aint your standard hunter" . It is Bolivian rosewood and phonlic riser with yew limbs. The back of the limbs have the bolivian rosewood and the face is black. I can' t wait till she gets here. Slap a LBR string on her and grab a handful of RRA shafts and out into this wonderful weather. BOY I' m BORED[&:]. Don
Old 02-17-2003, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Signs of being bored.........

Glad to see the Chad, Chek MAte virus is still going. I ordered a Crusader from Chad, curly birdseye maple limb veneers, yew cores and a riser to be picked out by MArc. Hey, Chad what did he pick for my riser? See you can never get rid of the traditional virus!!!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:25 PM

Glad to hear you decided on the checkmate.I have a 56" cujo special on order right now to phenolic and claro walnut riser and whatever Marc decides will look best on the limbs.Soon I will have one of every model lol,just need to order a standard hunter to have all the takedowns. Good luck with the bow I am sure you will enjoy it

Old 02-19-2003, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Going out to shoot when it' s 15 degrees, wind 20 mph, sleet, snow.... That might be boredom for a high tech shooter. Just another day for someone with a stickbow. [8D]
Old 02-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Spike

Troy,

Send me that 56" hunter in that pic! I have been wanting to try one of those!! and since you got another 56" r coming in you won' t miss that one.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:07 AM

4 feathers show up at KK and you can try it out.I think it will be the bow I carry to most of the shoots this year.She is my baby